- RSS Channel Showcase 7970865
- RSS Channel Showcase 3815409
- RSS Channel Showcase 1394905
- RSS Channel Showcase 9159566
Articles on this Page
- 05/22/11--03:29: _This New-Fangled EB...
- 04/15/13--10:47: _Ausgeliefert
- 10/07/13--09:21: _Clever German Union...
- 11/25/13--00:06: _Taylorismus-Made
- 12/02/13--09:18: _German Sky Already ...
- 12/09/13--09:55: _Günter Wallraff Dre...
- 12/16/13--09:36: _Bah Humbug!
- 12/18/13--09:30: _Real Germans Don’t ...
- 06/01/14--10:35: _Cheepnis
- 12/09/14--10:29: _Günter Wallraff Foa...
- 12/19/14--11:40: _More Strikes Like T...
- 07/02/16--09:19: _Whaddya Mean 501 Ge...
- 08/13/16--03:04: _Would Kilgore Trout...
- 09/17/16--11:10: _Why do liberals lov...
- 01/14/17--11:01: _My German Is More D...
- 03/01/17--11:53: _Is That All You Cou...
- 05/06/17--11:27: _Why Do Socialist Di...
- 05/22/11--03:29: This New-Fangled EBOOK Nonsense Ain’t Never Gonna Happen Here
- 04/15/13--10:47: Ausgeliefert
- 10/07/13--09:21: Clever German Union Outsmarts Evil American Online Retailer
- 11/25/13--00:06: Taylorismus-Made
- 12/02/13--09:18: German Sky Already Falling With Bad Robots
- 12/16/13--09:36: Bah Humbug!
- 12/18/13--09:30: Real Germans Don’t Tweet
- 06/01/14--10:35: Cheepnis
- 12/09/14--10:29: Günter Wallraff Foaming Around The Mouth Again
- 12/19/14--11:40: More Strikes Like These Please
- 07/02/16--09:19: Whaddya Mean 501 German Oddities For Only 99 Cents?
- 08/13/16--03:04: Would Kilgore Trout Tell A Lie?
- 09/17/16--11:10: Why do liberals love eating donuts so much?
- 01/14/17--11:01: My German Is More Dumber Than Your German Is
- 03/01/17--11:53: Is That All You Could Find?
- 05/06/17--11:27: Why Do Socialist Diets Never Work?
Not in Germany it ain’t. No way. It’s, uh, I dunno. It’s just plain wrong. It’s too American or something. Let Amazon & Co. sell all the damned ebooks they want to over yonder (currently 105 ebooks for every 100 printed at Amazon), we’re sticking to tradition and our traditional fixed book prices (this protects our […]
Hermann ObserverWhat's for eBreakfast?
As in being at the mercy of. Everbody agrees that big American hi-tech companies are fundamentally evil, right? Well they do here in Germany. In Germany’s state-run media, I should say (they actually call these channels “public-service broadcasters” here because that sounds better). Anyways, the latest greatest twist to the anti-Google/Facebook/Apple/Microsoft/Amazon agitpop over at the […]
In a move that will clearly bring Amazon to its negotiating knees, German union Ver.di is threatening to strike the evil American online retailer’s logistic operations in Germany during the Christmas season itself should said evil retailer not increase wages for its German employees real pronto-like. Shocked spokesmen at Amazon were clearly speechless here, prefering […]
Please read the following out loud in that classic monotone el cheapo Hollywood movie robot voice: We are all robots here. No one talks. It is ghostly quiet here in the Amazon warehouse. We are forced to wear these weird orange signal jackets. Amazon wants us to hand over our brains at the door once […]
Datenschutz! Datenschutz, Datenschutz, Datenschutz Datenschutz. Robot insects. Drones. Datenschutz. Robots. Amazon. Amazon drone robots. New ideas. Bad technology. Technology bad. Bad ideas. Then there’s the Datenschutz part. Jeff Bezos. Darth Vader. Das Imperium schlägt zurück (The Empire Strikes Back). Technisch ist es möglich, der Datenschutz aber ist heikel.
Günter Wallraff, disguised as the unspeakably annoying undercover reporter Günter Wallraff, appeared undercover last night on Günther Jauch to explain to Günther Jauch how he, as Günter Wallraff, just went undercover to uncover at Amazon ITSELF how Amazon is now single-handedly causing “our entire culture to atrophy” and how it is a “monster” that is […]
Hundreds of Amazon.com Inc workers in Germany went on strike on Monday, just as pre-Christmas sales were set to peak, in a dispute over pay and conditions that has raged for months… The Verdi union said up to 700 workers joined the strike in Amazon’s logistic center in Bad Hersfeld, plus 500 to 600 in […]
According to Semiocast, an analyst, Germany ranks 31st worldwide in terms of public tweets, with 59m per year. Germany’s 82m people have just 4m Twitter accounts. That puts it 22nd in the world, behind not only European neighbours like Britain (population 63m, 45m accounts) or Spain (population 47m, 16m accounts) but also Turkey (population 75m, […]
It doesn’t get any cheaper than this, folks. Not for this ebook here, it doesn’t. Kindle Countdown Deals let authors provide readers with limited-time discount promotions on their books available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
Still bitter about having lost his undercover job as a package deliverer I guess (he wasn’t used to actually having to work for a living) undercover undercover-journalist Günter “Undercover” Wallraff couldn’t help but have yet another fit about Amazon & Co. on German television last night. Good timing or something. It’s strike season in Germany […]
Hermann ObserverGunter Wallraff
“Amazon is being striked – and nobody is noticing it.” Amazon employees (in Germany) have already been on strike for an entire week. The union Verdi is looking to disrupt the delivery of Christmas packages but our user survey (Frankfurt Allgemeine Zeitung) indicates that it isn’t having any luck. This survey indicates that 86% of […]
Why that’s almost 5.060606060606061 oddities per penny! What a steal. Just ask Marina. If you happen to know her, I mean: “Hermann, thank you for your blog and books, I am hooked. I recently picked up 501 German Oddities and couldn’t stop laughing. I am German, but live in Boston with my husband, who is […]
It’s special ebook offer time again already, folks. Deal with it. Dumb Deutsch: Absurd German Language Errors (auch für deutsche Leser geeignet) Also at iTunes, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, etc. For a limited time only or something. “Very funny book, relating dumb things people say while trying out their high school German. Laughing so hard […]
Hermann ObserverDumb Deutsch
Buy this ebook and find out. The Little Red Book: Of Little-Read Jokes about the Enlightened Left for only 99 cents? No way. Or way? Also available at Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, etc. Enjoy!
Hermann ObserverThe Little Red Book
It’s 99 cent blowout ebook sale time again! Like how outrageous is that? Dumb Deutsch: Absurd German Language Errors (auch für deutsche Leser geeignet) Also available at iTunes, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, etc. For a limited time only or something.* “Very funny book, relating dumb things people say while trying out their high school German. […]
501 German oddities? I know, I know. There are way more than that. Just consider these 501 oddities to be, you know, Oddities 101 or something. “Hermann, thank you for your blog and books, I am hooked. I recently picked up 501 German Oddities and couldn’t stop laughing. I am German, but live in Boston […]
They are always burning other people’s calories. The Little Red Book. On sale at Smashwords now. Advertisements